You Recognise That You Need To Be a Leader - Now What?
By Tom Hasker, Associate Partner, Lighthouse International
In my last article in this series, we explored the need to inspire people and to develop yourself into a leader to be able to make your dreams come true. So where does this start?
Very simply, it starts with you. It starts with putting love into what you do, the passion you have for doing it and the feeling of care that you have for it. Your inspiring vision for your life will then be born out of that feeling and once you're able to communicate it, it will inspire others to build it with you. However, the root of everything you want to achieve lies with you right now. If you do not have the passion, the vision, the clarity of what you're creating, then how will you lead yourself and someone else?
As an example of the kind of thinking and realisations that are needed in order to run a successful team or business, this fascinating video of Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff explains the key things that are needed for an individual to realise their potential as a leader.
There is a lot to watch out for!!
- Having the mentality of always striving to be better
- Falling in love with something that inspires you
- Facing reality and realising where your skillset is
- Finding out where you are a specialist and is that a specialism you need to achieve your goals?
- Having the right passion around what you do in order to be successful
- Being committed to your own project 'skin in the game' as Mr Wolff puts it!
- The absolute importance having the right people around you the right team
- Trusting, working and supporting each other
- Being real with yourself and seeing yourself in a realistic way
- Being able to bounce back from a setback that counts
In order to really be successful in creating the product, business or team you want, then it's crucial you take the time to become more aware of your strengths and weaknesses as a person. There needs to be an investment of time, money and effort to become the people we want to be in order to be able to lead ourselves well with passion before anyone else will join us.
Want More Inspiring Wisdom Like This?
Signup to receive complimentary insights from legends to apply in your life, career or business!
Learn From The Greats As a Member of the Legends Report!